Monday, October 3, 2011

Non, Merci

I am looking forward to many aspects of another culture, landscape, country. And some aspects, not so much. Here are some things I am not so excited about...

Snakes. There will be snakes in the bush that we are working/sleeping in. The only time I will be okay with getting close to one of these guys is if they're on the end of my fork...

Western Bush Viper
Seriously, we may grill up snake for dinner while we're in the bush. : )
Black Mamba
Speaking of eating...there are lots of BATS! Our American friend in West Africa sent these first two pictures...
She teased, "grilled or roasted?"
Little did she know that this next picture of the bat on a plate is from my sister's fiance. He is Congolese and ate bat on his last trip to Congo...

He also ate these bugs! I would MUCH rather have grilled bat!


Funny, though, I will GLADLY put a snail in my mouth. Escargot, S'il vous plait.

2 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

I was looking forward to sharing a meal with you this week, but if this is what you consider food...

Prairie Mama said...

I promise I won't eat snails, bat, snakes or bugs if you'll share a meal with me this week! : ) Great to see you...I look forward to catching up!