Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Galore

Besides thinking about the amazing gift of Jesus Christ, my favorite parts of this Season are baking and watching my son enjoy the Season. : ) I am not working as much these days and I have had time to get a "jump start" on the Season. In fact, here we are the 9th of December and I am done shopping! I am almost done wrapping! The Christmas cards are mailed, the packages are sent, and the baking is done! (Okay, I admit that I will probably create more baking needs!) I have been working on decorating here and there. I think I am going to leave some of the decorations in the closet this year. I can only handle so much clutter!

This is some of the baking that has taken place...

A couple of the pies went for the bake sale we have each year for Moms Together
Hoards of cream cheese mints...

And for some of the baking I had a little helper who was excited about gingerbread men

We got our first artificial Christmas tree. I've been wanting a slim tree and last January when all-things-Christmas went on sale I found this one online. I got it all ready for my little helper to come home to finish it off.

He loved opening the new ornament that my mom sent. She sends one every year. : ) This year he got Garfield!
And his best buddy was over for a sleepover so he joined in the ornament fun

It was a great time together!
And ta-da...the finished product!

No comments: