Sunday, February 17, 2013

Prairie Helper

I decided today was the day for The Prairie Kid to learn to clean a bathroom.  I look forward to days when he is older and can do some of my chores. ; )

The Prairie Daddy is out of town for 10 days on business.  It is the longest he's ever left us but it is going by fast (we're on Day 6) because we have been BUSY chickens with our heads cut off.  I volunteered to help the new kid's pastor with a Daddy Daughter Date Night event and between that and Valentine's Day this week, and being a solo parent to a kid, a dog and three cats, I have neglected the house and our meals terribly.  Now that the events are over and The Prairie Daddy is coming home in a few, it was high time to get the house re-established and cleaned.  And we are going to have a homemade meal tonight!

I wasn't about to clean house while my little man was watching shows so I recruited him to help.  I persuaded him by telling him I would make it fun and we would blast some music.  He was a trooper and cleaned up his toys, his room, vacuumed the family room, and learned to clean a bathroom.  I didn't even think he wouldn't be able to reach the top of the mirror...
But he figured it out.  So much for the clean counter ; )
Well, Prairie Daddy, we know you won't be home for a few days but we're ready!!!

No comments: