Thursday, June 13, 2013

Incredible Hour

I have so much blog catching up to do but before I worry about that I am just going to post on tonight.

We drove up the road to check our water at the Joe Moss head gate at the base of the mountain.  I have been craving a good does of baby animal viewing and tonight we got to make up for some of it.

Look at those cute little baby antelope!!!

There is nothing like a Wyoming sky, and having elk in the shot is even better!
Elk rarely stay put like this for photos

This little mule deer baby didn't move at all while we watched.  We didn't stay long because we wanted to respect the little one and it's mama.
We've seen this moose twice this week.  Tonight was a better view and I had the camera : )
I love it up at Joe Moss.  Look at how beautiful it is!
And as we came back from the base of the mountain a thunderstorm rolled in so quickly with low-lying clouds coming from a different direction and displayed the most incredible lightening storm we've ever seen.  After we got home I read that there was a severe thunder storm warning with up to 70mph gusts, quarter-size hail and possible tornadoes.  And it did hail a bit, some that large, when I was reading the warning.  It was too dark to see if there were any funnel clouds around but it was that kind of an eerie storm.  The video doesn't do it justice but it is still cool. 


No comments: