Monday, October 19, 2009

Test Time

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. I have had a rough couple of weeks. This last week was especially difficult.

I had some relapse in my health. Not what this cookie was hoping for, of course. I ended up visiting a new doctor of naturopath locally since my practitioner lives 5 1/2 hours away. Last time I saw him we agreed that it would be good to pull someone local into the picture. I really like the lady I saw although her methods are much different and I am not quite as sure about them as my other practitioner. However, I need a local practitioner and she is more than acceptable. She is a knowledgeable lady and very much wants to see me get through this.

The first protocol with her was to treat both parasitical and bacterial infections as well as try to balance my pH. I have been very acidic (typically caused by infections). After 2 weeks we didn't see any improvement...actually, I had a relapse with some symptoms.

I went back to see her and got some bad news. It is showing quite strongly (you aren't suppose to use the word "diagnosed" with ND's) that I have a fairly severe, chronic condition in my bladder due to the acidity of my body. We started a whole new protocol, including drastic dietary restrictions. I mean drastic. I started another blog just to help me get through these major changes in my life...a therapy and release. I didn't want this blog to become that site where I vented and shared about all of this so I decided to just dedicate another to the issues.

A few days into that protocol I was having severe kidney pain . So, I had to see the ND again and she's suspicious of kidney infection...again. Because of the kidney pain (which was brought on by calcium in the protocol that my kidneys could not handle) I am having to start all over, and very slowly, with remedies. One remedy every four days at a time to see how my body reacts.

As tired and frustrated as I have been at times this week, as much pain as I have had to endure (some was as intense as parts of labor) and as difficult as detox was (detoxing from all of these foods at once, especially coffee, was horrid. Horrid.), I have not lost hope. I still believe that I will come through this healed. I don't know when, I don't know how, I don't know why, but I just believe. I felt like God was telling me that He is allowing this for some necessary training for me. I am thankful that I have a trustworthy God that loves me more than I can even fathom.

And I have had tremendous support this week. My family, friends and church family have sure helped me through this. Thanks to each and every one of you.

So, that is what is happening in the life of The Prairie Mama. Not good news but hey, it could be worse. I haven't let this stop me from life either. I have been able to remain functional and keeping busy right now helps pass the time. On a good note I got dairy back! I was taken off of dairy as well as at least 2/3 of other foods last week. Getting dairy back is a real blessing. Ahhh, to have real milk and cheese again. And even a little ice cream. Smile.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Erin,
I really hope you start feeling better soon! I am thinking of you!

Abigail Fox (erin's sister-in-law) said...

Hello Erin ~

You do not know me. I am Erin Fox's sister-in-law. Our husbands are brothers. I've enjoyed reading your posts thus far! I grew up a ranch girl, though now live in town. I would love to live on a ranch again! Anyway, when I read this blog I couldn't help but thing about you and wondered if you have ever heard of ReLiv? It is a nutritional supplement that I have recently heard of that helps your body fight whatever is bad by providing nutrition at the cellular level. God made our body to heal itself if we have the nutrition it needs to be strong and fight. I just thought that it might be something for you to look into. I haven't heard of it ever hurting anyone as it is just nutrition and herbs. If you want to know more about it just let me know and I can it for you, or give you the number of someone who knows much more than me. I am praying that you will be feeling better soon. God bless you and your family! Have a wonderful day!
~ Abigail Fox

p.s. sounds and looks like you are a good cook

Prairie Mama said...

Abigail,
Thanks for your comment. I am actually on a supplement shake that has several of the same ingredients as ReLiv. Thank you for your prayers! And congrats that you are going to be an auntie again!