Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day

We had a fun Father's Day this weekend. I felt bad that I didn't have more presents for The Prairie Daddy but I had just gotten back from Kidz Kamp. I did have a couple of photos for him that we had taken while we were in Seattle.

After church we went to the Pow Wow at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center for the first time. It was hard to find a spot to see at first and the sun was blazing down. We found a shady spot to enjoy an Indian Taco and then we found a great spot to sit and watch. The timing was perfect because we were there just in time for the Tiny Tots division and then the Junior division. We got to see all of the kids dance!

We then took The Prairie Kid to a big surprise. His very first movie in the movie theater. Toy Story 3 was playing. It was a great time and he ate gobs of popcorn. The only downfall was that it was in 3D. I get a headache and he must not have cared for it either because he chose to watch most of the movie without the 3D glasses on, which made it fuzzy. He still seemed to have a great time and we liked the movie.

Off to a light dinner and ice cream and then we headed home. It was a nice day to spend with just my little family.

Prairie Daddy, you're awesome and I am so thankful for you!

No comments: