Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mom And Son Day

July seems to be a CRAZY month for our family. The Prairie Daddy eats, sleeps and breaths getting hay up. I eat, sleep and breath VBS prep. The Prairie Kid, well, he gets a little lost in the action.

This week I could tell it was getting to The Prairie Kid. He needed some good time together. He started to melt down on Wednesday night. I was leaving for Bozeman to pick up kids from camp Thursday and wouldn't be home until Friday. After he started melting down, I started melting down. We needed some uninterrupted, quality one-on-one time. I made him a chart of the week and Saturday was designated "HOME" and I told him I would bring home some fun things to do together from my trip.

We started our day with a breakfast picnic on the deck. Then we got out the first "fun thing" I brought home from Bozeman. Window Art!


He was making a volcano...

I asked him what he wanted to do next. He said, "Cuddle on the couch with you and watch The Cosby Show!" What a treat for me...he rarely wants to cuddle anymore but I knew we both were needing that this morning. : )

And then, we adventured out toward the mountains to Joe Moss head gate where we hunted for driftwood sticks and rocks (which are for VBS...and I needed about 100 of each for craft projects!).




He and the dog enjoyed the creek being slower and lower. They both got in and explored.



When we ransacked as much driftwood as we could there, we decided to head to Meeteetse Creek down by our barn. So we drove back through the ranch where we found The Prairie Daddy swathing hay. I had fun taking pictures of the beautiful day and the hay crop.



The Prairie Daddy's brother was baling in another field. I love how this picture shows the windrows of pre-baled hay next to the bales.


The kids got in the creek again. : )
Rough view, eh?


Next we got out the other "fun thing" that I brought home and we painted a T-rex!

I can tell we're both feeling much better having had our time together. Our kiddo is such a trooper and I am so thankful that he's able to maintain as well as he does with our busy life.

No comments: