Monday, August 13, 2012

The Finish Line

I crossed the finish line yesterday.  It was a long journey...and at times a grueling one.  But my goal was to finish well and finish strong.  By the grace and strength of God I reached my goal yesterday.  At times in my church staff season I was barely surviving in ministry, though I longed to thrive.  This final week we thrived.  It was exhilarating.  Praise God for His provision.  He is Jehovah Jireh, "The Lord Who Provides."  

The church gave me a wonderful send off yesterday.  It was quite touching and blessed me greatly.  Many people have asked me how I am feeling,  "Are you relieved?"  "Is it hard?"  "Is there a great weight lifted off you?"  My answer has been that it is bittersweet.  I didn't feel a "great weight lifted" but I do have a sense of freedom.  And although my time as a staffer is done for now, I am already asking the Lord what cross He has for me to take up next.  He commands us to "take up your cross and follow me."  I will take up the next cross and follow.  I trust without a doubt that He will show me what and when.  

I have also been asked what I will do now.  Besides the townhouse management, I will rest a little.  I will also celebrate my boys' birthdays and get my kiddo settled back into school in a week.  Maybe I will volunteer in his class this year. And I will cowgirl.  There is an obvious need for helping my husband these next few weeks on the ranch and I am now in a great position to be a better helpmate to him.  

After all, the reason that I shifted out of this job in the first place was because the church needed a full-time director but my first ministry is to my husband and my son.  I could not be both and I am at complete peace with my choice.  So, if a cowgirl is what The Prairie Daddy needs, a cowgirl I will be!  And I know that God will show us how He desires to use us in the next season of life.

No comments: