Monday, December 15, 2008

Is That Frost On The Couch Cushion?

I am home. We enjoyed our time in Denver and I found some great shopping deals. I am not a huge shopper and I am super frugal...but I love to find a good deal! Saturday morning we woke up to our son crying and calling "I puked in my bed!" He proceeded to throw up several more times throughout the morning. I wasn't feeling so peachy myself. We debated on whether or not to try to load up and take the 8 hour drive home. There was a big storm moving in later in the day and The Prairie Daddy had responsibilities at church yesterday so we decided to go for it. It was a long day to say the least. The Prairie Kid did well and I didn't throw up (although I thought at times I might have felt better if I did). The wind was horrible almost the whole drive, then we ran into snow flurries, and watched the thermometer change from 48 degrees to - 7 degrees in the last 3 hours. We hit white outs on the last 30 minutes and had to really be careful to make sure we stayed on the road!

When we got home the house was a blistering 50 degrees. We had to bundle up, crank the heaters, pin up blankets over the windows and cuddle to keep warm. I was SO thankful I had just recently bought us an electric blanket for our bed!

I woke up still feeling yucky yesterday morning but my boys felt good and headed to church without me even though it was 22 below when The Prairie Daddy got up. The whole week is supposed to be frigid...and when I say frigid I mean not even getting close to 30 degrees. The highs are more like 3 degrees!

We took a little video during our trip in southern California and I thought I'd share a bit with you.

While in San Diego The Prairie Daddy was filling up our rental car with gas. I was just hanging out in the passenger seat and all of the sudden there was a huge noise coming straight over my head...a jet airliner! It was awesome and they continued every 2 minutes. I couldn't help but get a clip to share with you...



And The Prairie Daddy managed to get a shot of me reuniting with The Prairie Kid. It was fun...what you don't see is that he ran for quite a while before reaching me.



This week will be fun with getting ready for my mom and her hubby to come for Christmas. I am hoping to feel good enough to pull out the Christmas decorations in the next few days. I did manage to get lots of presents wrapped today and a few batches of cookies made. It is easy to know it is almost Christmas with the cold temps and a little snow on the ground!

No comments: