Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Precious Moments

This morning my mommy heart was overflowing with thankfulness for my son. I think since the holidays threw us off so much I am just in a position to recognize the blessings so much more now that things are back to normal. When The Prairie Kid got up this morning he said, "where are my blue blankies with the tunnels in them?" These two blankies are The Prairie Kid's favorites...I was shocked that he even went to bed without them last night. None of us noticed their absence. This also made me happy that he isn't too attached to them to freak out without them though. I never wanted my kid attached to something so much it would cause problems.

You might have caught that he called them blue blankies with "tunnels" in them. The Prairie Kid calls holes "tunnels." Cute, eh?

So I plopped him down on the couch and went to find the blankies. I returned to him and just couldn't help but verbally tell him how I was feeling in my heart.

"I love you! I love you so much that I just can't help but say it. I am so thankful that God gave you to me and Daddy. And I am so thankful we can live together, and play together, and grow together!"

The Prairie Kid replied, "Mom, you're so silly!"

And I love him even though he is 3 but acts like he's 15!

No comments: