Friday, July 9, 2010

Diary Of A Hay Season Widow

Hay season began last week. One week in and we're in full swing (and when I say "we" I really mean "the people actually having to hay," which is technically not me). Across the street from my house I can see three John Deere's moving about in three different fields. One is swathing, one is raking and the other is baling. Soon I will see a truck and trailer hauling bales to the stack yard. Eventually, the fields will be bare, the water running on them again, and I might get to have my hubby back for a few weeks.

So, this pretty much means no Prairie Daddy. When our day isn't broken up by him coming home for lunch and dinner, and we're not going anywhere, it can seem like a REALLY long, drawn out day. Well, there is just no reason to be bored on The Prairie. Smile.
So late this morning we set a tent up on the deck. Fun!

And then we ate some popcorn on a blanket in the tent! More fun!


And I set up my "office" on the deck, next to the tent, to work on my VBS plans for next month at work.


We had a picnic lunch in the tent after that.

And then decided we should make some s'mores!

Did you know that candles turn marshmallows black? There aren't any good coals in a candle. ; )
And we ate the charred, scrumptious, candle-blistered s'mores. Yummy!


We also played cards in the tent. But after 2 games we were starting to get hot because the sun was moving under the shelter of the deck. So now we're finishing a brownie batter blizzard from Dairy Queen.
I wish The Prairie Daddy could join us in "Hay Season Coping Mode."

No comments: