Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Chapters

As I spent some time talking with my Father this morning I realized that there were some chapters closing in our lives and some brand new ones starting. I praised Him for being the Perfect Author. There is no One better to write the book of our lives than He. As I closed the pages of one of the chapters this week I mourned. I mourned hard.

We are no longer a family with a little one at home. The chapter ended with lots of 5th birthday celebrations and time with friends and family. And quickly, on Monday morning the chapter was closed and the new one began.

We are now an Elementary Family.

It hit me much, much harder than I expected. More than one person asked me if there was something else going on. Nope. It was just a tough realization that my little boy is now going to spend the next umpteen years, Monday through Friday, eight hours a day with someone else. I have to release him to the Father. I have to release him to his teacher. It hurts way more than I expected. I am so used to watching over him, guiding him, correcting him, training him, celebrating with him, hanging out with him, being interrupted by him, crying with him, learning with him, growing with him, praying with him all day, every day. Minus the few hours of preschool last year and Tuesdays while I am at the office.

Monday morning I released him. And then I sobbed, and sobbed and sobbed. It brings me to tears as I write this...still grieving.

But I am not going to camp here long. And I am embracing the things to come. And I have peace that we're right where God wants us to be. And I know that the time we do have together will be rich and quality and full.

I am so thankful God is trustworthy and faithful. And He has my son.

No comments: