Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We Even Offer A Drive Thru Service

In our local town Labor Day weekend is BIG. This is when the town has it's annual "shin-dig" of parade, BBQ, dance, picnics, rodeo, ropings, fun, festivities, races, etc. It was a perfect opportunity to get the word out about our Moms Together program and make some money! We had a great collection of baked goods brought in by lots of awesome moms and made a nice chunk of dough (hee, hee, nice play on words, eh?) to start off our year.


Somewhere in the craziness of getting things set up I lost complete track of my son. This wasn't too worrisome for me because #1- he isn't a wanderer, #2- I'd last seen him was with our pastor friend. However, after realizing it had been like 15 minutes since I'd seen The Prairie Kid I thought it would be a good idea for me to actually be a Moms Together mom and locate my child. Sure enough he was soon located...

...in the parade! And that Fabulous Float Waver on the left is our pastor friend with his oldest son in the cowboy hat.

I feel so stinkin' blessed to be on the Moms Together leadership team with 3 amazing women. Love you gals!



We got creative on our marketing scheme and recruited the kids to walk around with baskets and sell stuff...we also had samples and they REALLY helped...
And toward the end The Dads took it upon themselves to stop traffic headed to the rodeo and make the people buy stuff before they'd let them go by!!!

Way to go guys! Who knew cowboys were so good at selling Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting!


And off we were to the rodeo...in which there are no pictures.

No comments: