Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Big Adventure

In the beginning of the fall we learned that our Assistant Pastor was stepping out from our church to start a ministry in a community of great need in our area. Part of his role with our church is as pastor over the children's ministries. In October our Senior Pastor asked to have a meeting with me and extended an invitation to prayerfully consider becoming the new Director of Children's Ministry at our church. It would be a half-time position on the pastoral staff.

Wow. I was in awe. I was a bit overwhelmed by the decision. I analyzed, processed, dialogued with The Prairie Daddy, and prayed. And prayed. And prayed. The Lord was faithful in giving me a clear answer despite all of my hesitations. I was so thankful for His clarity. Even though I am still struggling quite a bit with my health, the Lord said "yes" and "trust Me."

And I said "yes." And I am trusting Him.

The final signatures were put on paper just a few short weeks ago. And last week I attended my first staff meeting. I am excited, scared, eager, hesitant, energized, and exhausted all at the same time. It is a bit of a roller coaster with my body getting worn out long before my spirit and my mind. I will have to learn to balance, plan ahead and be careful not to over do it.

God has blessed me greatly with the encouragement and support of my church family. This has been an awesome season in my walk despite my physical circumstances. God reminds me often "You are who I say you are" and "You can do all things through Christ." I can only accomplish the things that are now my responsibilities through Christ's strength and I am soberly thankful for His reminder of this to me on the rough days.

The Prairie Daddy and I will venture to Nashville after Christmas to take a few days of vacation and then attend a conference for children's ministry. I am so thankful for the opportunity to get training right off the bat.

So, here I go! It will be quite an adventure I am sure! Lord, thank You for letting me be a part of what You plan to do.

1 comment:

The Pennsylvania Path said...

You are going to do AWESOME because your love for the Lord is awe inspiring and I just know the kids you work with will be blessed in so many ways! Love ya!