Monday, March 7, 2011

Thankful For The Word

Last week I turned to Psalm 69 where I read words that I felt David had written straight from my heart. This is the way I have been feeling:

" Save me, O God,
for the waters have come up to my neck.
I sink in the miry depths,
where there is no foothold.
I have come into the deep waters;
the floods engulf me.
I am worn out calling for help;
my throat is parched. " (v1-3a)

This morning God turned my attention to the following:

"In my distress I called to the LORD;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears... (v6)

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters. (v16)"

I am thankful for a living God who hears His children and answers them. I may not yet feel like I am out of the deep waters in some circumstance, but I know He has pulled me out of them eternally. That alone is comfort enough for today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't his Word, and Spirit which make it come alive, a treasure! I pray God fills you with himself today.

Alisha Stamper said...

hi. I found you through looking for another blog with a similar name and I was caught by your words. This is totally what I needed to hear from God today. Thank you! I'm planning follow your blog if that is ok.

Prairie Mama said...

Alisha, I am glad you "stumbled" along my blog. I am thankful God used it to bless you. Feel free to follow!