Thursday, February 9, 2012

Giggling Mom

The other day I received a Facebook message from the mom of a girl in The Prairie Kid's class. She was letting me know that her daughter told her that my son LOVES something from her daughter's lunch.

The Prairie Daddy and I were thinking, "huh, maybe he's not eating much of his own lunch because he's eating from everyone else's lunch." So we decided we'd better ask him about it.

In the car this morning I asked The Prairie Kid, "So, do you ever eat anything out of your friends' lunches?" He had a horribly sheepish look on his face..."no...except I really like these things out of (aforementioned little girl's name here) lunch. They're really good and I want you to get them for my lunch."

"Well, we'll talk about that but do you eat from anyone else's lunch?" (I looked back to see his little face panicked and red with embarrassment). "Oh, honey, what's wrong? Did you think you were going to be in trouble?" (Huge release of breath and tears now pouring out) "You're not in trouble! I am just curious! Take a deep breath, it's okay, you're not in trouble." (Deep breath, sigh of relief). "I don't eat anything from anyone else's lunch."

We then talked about how he doesn't always like what's in his lunch and how some kids get pop and lots of junk food. We talked about healthy lunches and growing brains and lifetime habits.

Now for what makes this story...

What is this tantalizing food that my son cannot stop eating out of a little girl's lunch? Is it soda pop? Candy? Chips? Cookies?

Why no, it is Kim Nori...a Korean seaweed snack!



This mom thinks it is pretty darn cute and funny that her six year-old son got "caught" sneaking seaweed from a classmate's lunch. : )

No comments: