Saturday, January 9, 2010

One Day Of Rest

We made it home late last night. It was a long day on the road. But we made it without The Prairie Kid vomiting profusely all over himself (did I share with you that fun adventure on our way home from Denver after Thanksgiving?)

Thankfully today is a day of rest.

I will not get dressed.
I will not stress.
I will not do anything I don't want to do if I can help it.
I will not brush my teeth until bedtime.
I will not shower or even wash my face until I get ready for bed.
I will not even put on deodorant.
(Yes, I am truly admitting these things publicly)

I will relax.
I will enjoy.
I will watch a movie.
I will regroup.

And tomorrow I will hit the ground running...early.

Tomorrow is a big day at church. I will be prayed over and "commissioned" in both services alongside a few others. I am excited. I am nervous. I don't like getting up in front. I am relieved I don't have to talk...just stand there. No microphones for me, whew.

Also, between services I will get to participate in the church body praying over and for the children's ministries. That should be a great time.

And then I will be working hard next week. I have realized that my "half-time" job might look full-time for awhile and then I can take extra time off when I actually get things going. That is the nice thing about the way they set this up for me...it is flexible in this way.

I am super excited though. I learned so much at the Children's Pastors Conference and I am looking forward to finding out how God wants to go about all of these things. I had to take a mental step back and think about the right strategy. When you are bombarded with ideas and motivation you have to remember that the passions fade, things take time, and you can't do everything at once. What a relief that I have the Holy Spirit to guide my paths.

No comments: