Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Insanity Symptoms of Ranch Fever

I am feeling the symptoms of the insanity invading. I started getting the symptoms of a cold also, but thanks to the awesome makers of Zicam I am not worried about getting the cold. Have you tried it yet? This has prevented me from getting colds so many times over the last few years. The big kicker is to have it on hand (especially if you're 38 miles from the grocery store) and use it every few hours at the first signs of a cold.

Anyone have any Zicam for Ranch Fever?

I know the cure...that date that we have scheduled for tonight. Hopefully I can hold off the symptoms until we drive off this place this afternoon.

The Symptoms:

- You have children's songs like "Bob the Builder, CAN WE FIX IT?" repeating themselves in your head like a broken record when you hit the pillow.

- You lose sight of personal hygiene. I haven't showered since The Victory Shower...three days ago.

- You are so socially deprived that you begin to crave church potluck dishes.

- Your socialization craving turns into a reality when you make a church potluck dish.

(Do you remember that 4-layer pistachio pudding, whip cream dish that makes its way to almost every church potluck table? Well, I have never made one...until Thursday night.)

- You lose all sense of proper eating times and foods. Yesterday I had nachos with jalepenos for breakfast at 10:00am. And then I had the pistachio fluff-stuff for lunch at 3:00pm.

- You find jobs around your house that take insanity to complete, like the gianormous pile of printed off recipes that needed to be reproduced to recipe cards that actually fit into the recipe card box.

- You dance around the house while your kids and husband look at you like you're insane (which you are. And I confess I do this with or without Ranch Fever. Just ask my sister who got to be entertained quite well when she was visiting last May.)

- You want to blog all day.

- You forget that you have real clothes and go from pjs to sweats to pjs again. Over and over and over.

- You find that an occassional trip to the garage freezer feels like a wonderous adventure.

- You take pictures of silly things like your husband taking apart the bathroom sink.

But thankfully my bout with Ranch Fever will be coming to a close in just a few hours. I am going to protest against it before then by bathing. Although I have to admit, I do want nachos with jalepenos again for breakfast!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Lovin' the posts! Your son is definitely a product of his father! And look at all those red curls!

Anonymous said...

At one time you were a city gal, then you went off to College and look what happened.
Met a cowboy married him, had a little cowboy and now you are crazy.
What are parents to do
Yes we still LOVE you