Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mistakes or Lessons?

~ This post will make better sense if you have first read the Saga of the Chocolate Chip Cookies~

I was brave today. I attempted to shower again. Do you want to know what happened? Nothing. Because I am trying to turn mistakes into lessons. So, below I will show you the effort and tools I put to use to avoid another mistake! Who knows, maybe my incredible experiences and application of knowledge will help you! I mean, why would I have a blog if I didn't care how it GREATLY impacted those reading it. I can hear it now..."And the Award goes to: Prairie Mama for her efforts and creativity in "How to take a burglary-free shower with 2 toddlers in the house." Many of you may have already mastered this...it is called NAP TIME and BEFORE THEY WAKE UP. Well, number one: I don't always have the chance to wait until nap time and number 2: I do my best not to wake up before my kids. Most mornings any more they are my alarm clock.

Side Note: You may at this point think my day as a parent (which has only been an hour as I type this) has been blissful, wonderful, and toddler-issues free. I am terribly sorry to disappoint you. When my "alarm clocks" went off, I grudgingly made my way down the hall, still half asleep. Now when you open the door on two little ones that are more than excited to see you and start their day, you get over the fact that you were just really tired and wanting to stay in bed.

Until....

You look over and your son, The Nudist, has done it again. He decided to strip down to nothing. Some times you even find his diaper in his little sis' crib. How did it get there? Your kid has a great arm on him. Now as you near the bed scolding him he is telling you "Uh-Pee-pee, uh-bed." (My son puts "uh" in front of almost every word.) Great, this is the third time this week that we've had this issue. Oh well, I'll think of a way to deal with it when I am a little more awake. So, I stripped down the sheets and put the blankets in the wash while he cried and screamed his little nudey head off over the blankets that were going into the Big Bad Washing Machine. And I not-so-empathetically say, "That's what happens when you take your diaper off. Then you lose your blankeys." And we head upstairs for breakfast.

* * * * *
Whew. I think we'd better refocus on my incredible victory over shower burglaries and explore how the battle was won. I have thoughtfully laid this out in a simple step-by-step program for those of you who may wish to implement it yourself:

How to take a burglary-free shower with 2 toddlers in the house

Step 1. Place youngest child in the pack-n-play.
I find that when I accomplish a task it is nice to say "check."














Step 2. Place older child in front of TV in a chair WITH A STRAP.


Step 3. Make sure you buckle the strap. "Check"
***WARNING: Failing to follow this step may lead to burglarization***















Step 4. Run like you're in the 100 meter dash and shower like the 200 meter so you can
run the 100 back up the stairs to make sure everything is still...sane.
And it should be sane if you followed this program to a "T."


If your life has changed because of this carefully thought out 4 Step Program, please feel free to send donations and contributions directly to: Me.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the pioneer woman address. She has been my entertainment for most of the day. Also, welcome to the blog world. Check out pellegrinopost.blogspot.com for my few contributions. My life is not as "action packed" as yours with kids but you'll get the skinny on whats up with us.

You're on your way to being very similar to the funny stories of the pioneer woman.