Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Winter Wonderland and Prairie Toddler Activities

It is a perfect day to be tucked away in the house. It has been snowing since mid-morning and is absolutely beautiful outside. I think we have around 5 inches already! I love the Spring snows, heavy and wet. And it is coming down pretty straight and making a nice even blanket outside. Normally where we're at it comes in horizontal and the wind blows the snow all over the place...there will be 3 foot drifts here and bare spots there. Not today!

The Fertilizer-Spreading Daddy came and picked up his Clone and off they went in the good ol' John Deere. When they came home I was able to snag a couple of fun shots of the Winter Wonderland outside.

I love this shot of The Daddy carrying his Clone from the tractor to the house. Doesn't The Clone look like he's stiff as a board?
Here they are as they enter the warmth of the house and the lens of the camera as The Prairie Mama shoots an up-close photo of them.
Okay, do you want to know what 2 1/2 year old Prairie Kids pretend to play? MEAT CUTTER! Here is The Butcher in action with the meat-red play dough this morning. He was saying "Mom, Loot meat. Mom, I tut meat." ("Loot" means "look" and "tut" means "cut" for those of you who are not around The Butcher enough to know he cannot yet pronounce a "ka" sound). He also pretended to make and eat pizza and "roni" (pepperoni). Yummy!
Here is Lil' Miss playing with her new accessories that one of The Aunties got her for Easter! There were clip-on earrings, a ring, a bracelet, a necklace, and a hair tie to match! What fun! Thank you, Auntie! We love the goodies! (And I personally feel like this was just as much a gift for me since you know I LOVE TO DRESS UP THE KIDDOS!)

2 comments:

diana said...

5 inches of snow! That is not what I like to hear before we head down there! Grrrrr.....

But are you excited to see us? And you are cool with us bringing our kid, uh, I mean dog?

Anonymous said...

Those two kiddos just light up my day!
When Little Man stayed with me this weekend the play doh turtles became "turtle meat". Little Miss you look fabulous!
Love Auntie