Friday, March 21, 2008

A Smorgasbord Post: Bathtub Babies, First Hair Cut, and Retouched Photos

What happens when a Prairie Mama gets bored? She uses her kids to entertain herself. Anyone who looked at my post "When you live on a ranch..." would have seen this happens often. Well, it happened again twice this week. The evidence of one of those time's is posted below. I was having way too much fun with The Kiddos hair in the bathtub.




Little Miss has needed her bangs cut for about the whole time we've had her! I have been getting away with not cutting them because I curl them every time we go out. I finally got them cut...way too short. Oops!

Here is the "before" picture:


When I looked at the "after" picture I realized that there was a beautiful oozing greenish-yellow snot ball in her nostril. Doesn't make for a great picture, does it? Kind of detracts from the newly cut-too-short bangs. And definitely detracts from her cuteness.

So I jumped onto my recently downloaded FREE similar-to-photoshop software called GIMP 2. I highly recommend it...as you'll see below it is awesome. I was able to use the smudge tool, color selector tool, and the pencil to work on giving Little Miss a new snot-free nostril. Now it isn't a perfect nostril, and I won't be offering plastic surgery to anyone else anytime in the near future, but I think it really solved the detraction.


Here is the "Detracting After Picture":

Don't see the Detracting Snot? Let me help you...



And here is the "Beautifully Retouched-on-the-FREE-Software After Picture":








I am just so proud of my work and so amazed with this software (did I mention it is FREE) that I think we should take another CLOSER look:







Wow! And it only took a few minutes!

If only I could use GIMP 2 on my real body. Oh well, I'll just post retouched pictures of myself so that you THINK I look that good! Hee, hee. Let's try that now...here I am just this morning:













Looking great, aren't I?

No comments: