Saturday, May 16, 2009

Family Time

The Prairie Kid and I had a smooth, fun day getting to Seattle on Thursday. I have to say that my 3 1/2 year old is an amazing traveler. Our day started early and I had things to do in town before we officially took off and he sat in the car and never complained. I think he was in the car for over 3 hours (except for one potty stop) and didn't complain. On our way to Billings he heard me on the phone talking about getting him measured for a wedding he will be in next month. He got nervous and was asking me what this meant. I think he thought that it was going to hurt or be invasive. At home he plays with my measuring tape like it is a rope. So I told him that is what they would use to see how long his arms and legs were and that it wouldn't hurt but it might tickle. A bit later in the car he asked, "Mom, I gonna get roped?" : )

We had time to go to the mall and have some lunch and then headed to the airport. The flight was easy and The Prairie Kid was great. And as soon as we landed it seemed like the clouds parted and the sun came out in Seattle! Yay!

Thursday night we had a yummy dinner at one of my sister's houses and my mom, The Prairie Kid and I went to our hotel.

Yesterday my mom and I took The Baby Nephew, his dog and The Prairie Kid to Green Lake park. The Baby Nephew is walking now and wasn't so sure about the sand.

Look Auntie! Sand!

Uh, I don't think this tastes very good...

I love that picture! Look at the look on his face!!!

Here is The Prairie Kid playing dinosaurs. He shared with all the kids around him, it was so cute!



Here I am with Jones, the dog with the longest tongue I've ever seen, and The Baby Nephew
Swing Time
Cutie Prairie Boy

After the park we drove downtown to Pioneer Square to see my sister's law office. She is in an old building right on the square. It was great! There is an awesome Mediterranean joint across the street and we had a great lunch with fallafel gyro, hummus and other fun Greek foods. Yummy! Here is The Prairie Kid playing in Pioneer Square:
Last night was "girl's night out." We started out downtown at the Black Bottle for some really fun food and drinks. The food was amazing...don't know what you call it but it was a great variety of dishes to share. We had something called laab gai (pronounced "lob guy"), broccoli blasted, lamb and hummus, steamed clams, eggplant flat bread, fried Spanish olives, and more. It was SO good.
Then we walked down to the water and shared a few fun drinks overlooking the water. We laughed a bunch and had so much fun.
As we were heading to the car my one sister says to me "what about dessert?" I said, "I thought I was the only one thinking that!" So we turned away from the car and headed to another place for dessert! We shared Volcano Cake and a Pear Bread Pudding...stuffing ourselves to the max and creating a great need for the walk back to the car!

Today we're going to a street fair in the U-district and then having homemade Mexican dinner at the house. My stepbrother and his wifey will be here too. It should be a great day.

There were more pictures on my sister's camera that I wanted to post but I don't have access to it right now. You'll just have to wait to see those : )

No comments: