Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fun At The Street Fair And More

There was a street fair in the U-district yesterday. We took the bus to avoid traffic and parking issues which was fun for The Prairie Kid. The Baby Nephew was entertainment for all. What a little ham! He was feeding off of the attention with his smiles and snoots. When we got to the fair we piled the kiddos into the stroller...


The Prairie Kid was excited to find some "kid things" at the fair. He got a balloon sword with a doggie wrapped around it...

Then he was invited to be included in a little performance. He was brave and went right out there.

Although when the guy asked him to put his arms around his neck so he could pick him up The Prairie Kid started to get shy. I thought he was going to start crying but he didn't!

Then he was cautiously up in the air getting "juggled" by the performer...


What a trooper! I love the look on his face....total uncertainty.

Here I am proud of my little star...
The really funny thing too was that my mom was also a small part of the show. The performer was teasing that she was his mom and told her to kiss him on the cheek. When mom went in to kiss his check he turned his head and pretended to kiss her mouth. She was so embarrassed and it was fun to watch her reaction!

Look at these handsome men...
And I had to include this picture. We're always teasing my mom about how much she eats. It is an ongoing joke because she doesn't eat a lot and this morning she was making a stink about not wanting breakfast. So, when my sister was serving breakfast she brought my mom a "special plate" with her size proportions! Hee, hee.
And I get the "cool kid award" for my son. I take full responsibility for this. I haven't bought new, fitting undershirts for The Prairie Kid and this morning he took his over shirt off and revealed the hidden truth...
...we're going to the store in a little bit to buy some new undershirts.

And then we're headed to the beach for some sun and fun. Tonight we'll all go downtown to the International District for some Eritrean food (African). Sunday nights they have live music and dancing. I am really excited. My sister's partner is from Congo and I am hoping to see some great dancing from him! I think The Prairie Kid will really enjoy it too. I hope to have some great pictures for you tomorrow.

No comments: