Monday, May 12, 2008

Baking and Licking

We've shifted occupations in our home in the past few days. We went from:

-shoveling dirt to shoveling flour
-using our tongue to make back hoe noises to using it to clean the kitchen counter
-mixing cement to mixing batter
-baking bricks to baking muffins
-cracking rocks to cracking eggs
-demolishing houses to demolishing kitchen etiquette

I am not sure if this was a good transition but it is a fun one!

Our new occupation was extremely adventurous and risky this morning. We pulled a box of muffin mix out of the cabinet that The Prairie Daddy bought and made them. It was really fun and The Prairie Kid did most of the "dirty work" as you will see in the clips. I may never get people to come over for a meal at our house again. Please know that I do not exercise the same cleaning techniques as The Prairie Kid.


I was actually quite impressed by how carefully this 2 1/2 year old poured things. He may turn out to be quite the little cook. He comes by it honestly when you think about my sister, The Culinary Master.

I guess along with his Culinary Skills comes his Salivary Skills. Again, a reminder that this is not something he learned or inherited from me!

Here is a little re-cap of the cooking experience. This shows how The Prairie Kid loves to spread a blanket out on the floor. I don't know where this comes from either but he has had an obsession with it for several months now. We spread blankets out on various floors more times a day than I would like to count. But he is worth it!

No comments: