Monday, May 5, 2008

Sicky House 2: A New Meaning To Dizzy Blond

If you all read last week's Sicky House post you knew I suffered a sore throat and fever for a couple days. Everything cleared up, so I thought, and I was feeling great for the rest of week. Remember, I went to the branding, helped The Irrigator, and video taped a calf being pulled? I WAS FINE!!!

Until Saturday morning. I rolled over in bed before I was ready to wake up and a huge surge of dizziness overtook my head. I fell back to sleep for a little bit but when I started to move around in that "waking up period" I was just overcome with this dizziness. It was so severe that at first when I tried to lift my head I couldn't! It took me a while to work my way up to a sit where I could reach for the phone and call The Prairie Hubby and tell him to bee-line it home because when The Prairie Kid woke up I wasn't going to be able to take care of him.

I continued to be extremely dizzy and have several "spells" of spins and nausea. We decided we'd better get me checked out so we went to the urgent care clinic. We suspected what the diagnosis would be and we were right.

What was the diagnosis? Blond. Just kidding. Vertigo. And it was most likely induced by last weeks infection sneaking into the inner ear and stirring some crystal-things into the wrong chamber causing major dizziness and imbalance. What do you do about this? Nothing. I did get a prescription for an anti-dizzy med but I never did take it. I was told "Go home, find a position you can tolerate, and rest for a few days."

Well, Sunday morning I was not feeling like laying around and I did manage to get to church. I needed assistance walking so I didn't fall over and I stayed put in a seat most of the time. I am feeling better all the time and happy that it is going away faster than originally expected. I am not sure when I will feel completely up to par again but not being in bed all of the time is sure nice.

I do think I brought a whole new meaning to Dizzy Blond though! Hopefully this is the end of the Sicky House posting!

1 comment:

The Cowboy's Wife said...

Hope you are feeling better! Don't worry about having to cancel on us. We didn't mind. John got to work longer at WF (still didn't get the project finished cause of silly delays, but oh well). We'll have to try to set up another time. Take care!