Monday, August 4, 2008

That's Amazing!

That's Amazing! The Awesome Things Jesus Did

That is the theme for VBS this week at church. The fun all started this morning. I was thankful to wake up easily and that my son did too. We were off in the car 10 minutes before scheduled! Let's see how many mornings we accomplish that between now and Friday.

I offered to our children's pastor to "put me anywhere you need me." This put me in a very scary and vulnerable position. Who would I be during VBS? Well, it isn't scary at all! In fact, it is much easier than I expected. Let me introduce myself:

"Hi, my name is Miss Erin and I am your preschool crafts leader for the week! How many of you like bugs?"



My morning was rotating 5 small groups of preschoolers through my craft class. We made Tumble Bugs and bookmarks. It went super smooth and was lots of fun. I was surprised at how fast the morning went as well. Here is a picture of my first group of little cuties:



The Prairie Kid got to go to the nursery and play while I was working. The nursery workers decided to take the little ones outside for awhile. Everything was going great until they tried to take The Prairie Kid back to the nursery where he passed my open-doored classroom and spotted me. Then I heard this heart-breaking wail coming from down the hall. "I want Mommmmmyyyyy!!!! Mommmmyyyy!!!" And up I got to rescue my little wailer. He usually does not have separation issues like this, in fact most of the time he is anxious to say goodbye to me! But not when he saw me and decided it was time to have me back. So, I carried his clinging body back into the Tumble Bug assembly and he hung out with me for the remainder of the morning. Here is me trying to teach while he calmed down:...and as he licked the snot off of his upper lip. Wow. I am such a proud mom. Uh oh, there is another "boogie issue" on my left. And that is a friend of mine's little guy...oops. Maybe we need to change the name of VBS to That's Gross: The Awesome Snot That God Created. Just kidding.
I am sure I'll have more fun stories for you throughout the week. I just hope they don't include any more bodily fluids.

1 comment:

erin said...

That's great you are having such a fun time! When I helped with our VBS this year I was ready for it to be over, even though I found most of the kids adorable. I hope the Prairie Kid has more fun in his own room next week!