Monday, November 16, 2009

Full Circle

This morning I am pondering how I feel. Am I cautiously hopeful? What does that mean?

Hope
Pronunciation: \ˈhōp\
Function: verb
intransitive verb 1 : to cherish a desire with anticipation 2 archaic : trust

Did you see that archaic definition? TRUST.

Trust
Pronunciation: \ˈtrəst\
Function: noun
1 a : assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something b : one in which confidence is placed2 a : dependence on something future or contingent : hope

Look what happens to this Proverb when you interchange the word "hope" with "trust":
Proverbs 13:12 reads "Hope deferred makes a heart sick."
Trust deferred makes a heart sick.

Hmmm. Interesting.

So, what am I feeling this morning? Hope. Trust. I still believe it is God's will for me to be healed. Where does that "caution" come in? I saw my bioscanner Saturday morning. The Prairie Daddy and I both prayed and prayed before going. We were hoping that God would use this method to pinpoint a root cause of my issues. The bioscanner thinks he found it. We started a new protocol.

I am hopeful...but...

Part of my hope sure is that "this is it" as far as my issues are concerned. But...I trust God that if this isn't that end He is still trustworthy. My caution is in myself. "Prairie Mama, don't get so excited that you will fall if this isn't it." Sure I am hopeful that I will be healed now...but my true hope, trust must be in the Father. I am trusting that God wants what is best. If His best for me is not to fully be healed at this time, or through this means, then it is His best. And His best is my best. I just have to be cautious that I stay aligned with Him.

So, pulling all of my thoughts together to complete my pondering this morning:

Our hope and trust must remain steady on the One who deserves it, God. Not on what God will do for us. If I put my trust in the outcomes, the circumstances, I will quite possibly be disappointed. If I put my trust in Him, I will surely not be disappointed.

For He is good, for He is good, for He is good to me.

No comments: