Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wannabe Tween Girl

How I am going from a post about simply being about God to Hannah Montana is beyond me. But I wanted to share a fun video with you.

Did I tell you in September that I helped a friend with her daughter's 12th birthday party? And part of "helping" was learning the Hannah Montana Hoedown Throwdown dance? I haven't ever watched a Hannah Montana movie or show, including the movie this dance came from. The Prairie Kid's sole exposure to Hannah Montana is through watching me and my friend try desperately to learn this dance. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you Google it and check it out. It is quite a dance. Fast, eclectic, interesting.

Well, as we learned the dance we also learned the song. This is the type of song that gets stuck in your head and plays over and over and over again. And The Prairie Kid insisted I help him through the broken record going on in his head to learn all of the words. He ended up memorizing the song and parts of the dance and we've managed to bond in new ways thanks to Hannah Montana. What mother doesn't just dream of her 4 year old son dancing and singing like a pre-teen girl with her? Smile. But, it has been fun and I caught it on video to share. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ahhh...that's my nephew:)

Amanda said...

He's not four, he's going on huge! When did he get so big? I've still got to give him the bale he lost here. It's rattling around in the bottom of my bag.