Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Birthday Mini-Series: Part 1: The Party

I have so much to share. I figured that doing this in pieces would be the best way to go about sharing the last 7 exhilarating days with you. We'll start where we left off: THE PARTY! Now I have yet to collect some pictures from it, so look forward to a future post. Until then, I have plenty to create a mini-series episode.

The party went great. I was bummed that the air conditioner wasn't working and I blame that for the dance not getting going the way I hoped. And the rodeo also prohibited several of my friends from being able to come or stay. However, neither of these things stopped us from having a great time.

My wonderful family and friends did some fun things. They made the party all about The Prairie Mama. They had pictures out, made me a costume, put together a fun "You know you're a prairie mama if..." and so on.
Here is the Prairie Mama cake that was ordered for me (and thank you for getting the whipped cream frosting instead of butter cream!!!!)

Here I am looking especially attractive in my Prairie Mama costume. The bonnet was made the night before by my talented sister-in-law and the apron was my wonderful, late grandma-by-marriage, Grandma Ruth's. You cannot see my magic wand AND my dressed up wooden spoon!
And here I am adorning the awesome Diva Rubber Gloves that Faith the Fabulous picked up for me.

Here's a little clip of us swing dancing:

Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated the Prairie Mama's big 3-0!

1 comment:

erin said...

It looks like you are surrounded by a great group of family and friends! You are blessed. Glad to hear you had such a great time!