Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Crazy Radio Night

"Radio!" That is how The Prairie Kid says rodeo! And we had a great time Tuesday night. It was a pretty good rodeo but what made it great was the storm that hit the town...and the arena......and the people sitting in the bleachers without a roof...and my friends working the chutes...and the contestants...and the rodeo queens...


But not us. We just got to sit there and watch all of these unprotected folks get sopping wet! And the lightening, WOW! What a storm! Made for some spunky horses. In fact, check out this first clip of the storm hitting during the opening performance.

Our friend and trusty bank president that gave us the rodeo tickets also passed down lots of goodies for The Prairie Kid. Here he is enjoying some lovely cotton candy that tasted like pure chemicals (I know because I stole some from him). In this clip you can really see how hard it was raining at times.

Auntie Monica the Magnificent and Auntie Gayle the Great went with. Here is a clip with The Prairie Kid and Auntie Monica the Magnificent.

The Prairie Kid's candy-caused sugar high was fun to watch too. And when he crashed, he crashed into Mama's lap and had a sippy cup of milk and cuddled with me. I think the cuddly crash is much more enjoyable for the person who has him on her lap then the sugar high.

So, tonight's the night of the big party. I am super-d-duperty excited! And my family is coming today! Woo-Hoo! This is my last day in my 20's! I think I will have to dance up a storm tonight so tomorrow morning I will wake up sore and old as a 30 year old and then I can freshly look back on my youth! (Just kidding, I know that 30 is the new 20...without the 20 year old body.)

Happy Independence Day to you and yours!

1 comment:

The Cowboy's Wife said...

Hey,
I will be down at WF for a few days this week. If you want to bring over your computer sometime I can give you all the pics I took at your party.
Thanks for being such a great sport with the oven mits. Awesome party. We should do that more often!