Monday, July 14, 2008

The Birthday Mini-Series: Part 8: The Finale

The last night everyone was here we had a great steak dinner with The Prairie Daddy's mom and dad and one sister. It was great to get together and hang out. I haven't had that many people for a meal in my house since The Prairie Kid's 1st birthday!

And the next day I had to start giving hugs and saying goodbye to my family and hello to my kitchen counters (anyone who knows me well knows I like my kitchen counters to be seen and things well organized but I'd give them up for company any day! How'd I do mom? I know I mopped once but I wasn't too obsessive was I?).

Saying goodbye was hard. I teared up as I let go of The Sisters at the airport in Billings. Thankfully I was headed out the door to do some shopping for the afternoon so that helped. And shop I did! But I just have to re-cap on what a GREAT time I had with everyone.

My family is...

FUN. Who else do you know that belts out Dolly Parton on the middle of the prairie or smears whip cream all over each other's faces while baking pies for dessert?
And who else do you know that can make fun of their mom all day long and she never gets mad but just gets easier to make fun of? (Mom, please forgive me for posting this picture...but it was too fun not to! I did shrink it down for you though.)

Or who else do you know that can take a stuffed beaver puppet and play with your kid like this?
Or this?
My family is...
FLEXIBLE. Let me just line it out like this:

- 12 people. 1 house. 4 bedrooms. 3 bathrooms. 1 infant. 1 toddler. 1 pre-adolescent. 1 teen. 6 days.

- 12 people. 1 van. 2 car seats. 12 hours.

My family is...

CREATIVE. Great costume. Great gifts. Great surprise. What more can a girl ask for?


My family is...

LOVING. 9 People. 1800 +/- miles. Lots of gas. 4 airplane tickets. 1 rental car. 1 girl's 30th birthday.




I love and miss you all so much already. This was the best birthday ever. There is one word I can use to describe this past week:
BLESSED.
Okay, one more:
UNFORGETTABLE.
Well, another:
INCREDIBLE.
Okay, I could find MANY words to describe it. But this wraps it all up:
THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well in all you kept your cool when it came to the house and 10 X-people but when it came to the dishwasher it was all yours, I did get a kick out of you dancing the kitchen floor with a towel under your feet to clean up the stickies....such fun for all.
Love Mom