Monday, April 14, 2008

A Fantabulous Weekend in Seattle

The last two days have been so fun and relaxing! I am eating more than I should and loving every minute of it. I am soaking up every minute with the baby and my sisters. I hate how fast these times go and cannot believe that I am going home tomorrow. My heart aches to be closer to my sisters or have the ability to come here more often.

Saturday was an awesome weather day. We took The Nephew through his "first park milestone." The Daddy and I kicked a soccer ball around for a while and I was crazy enough to do this barefooted and I think that it will take a couple of weeks to get rid of all of the dirt I managed to embed in my feet.

We also took Jones, the dog with the World's Longest Tongue, with us. Don't believe me? Here is the proof. Brace yourselves...the pictures aren't for the faint of heart...


Saturday evening was Art Walk in Georgetown. The Two Tartes Cafe was open and we all went and hung out there for a great evening. The weather felt like July, the atmosphere was fun and inspiring, the food was amazing. Later in the evening there was a little clan of about 8 or 9 drummers that came marching down the road. It was a funky, eclectic group of young adults who had an obvious passion and talent for percussion. The Daddy reconnected with his Congo roots and did some fun dancing and introduced his son to it. The drummers ended up "parking" next to the cafe and drew in quite a crowd. It was awesome! I got some pictures of it to share with you. However, you'll have to wait for my post that will be dedicated to Two Tartes.

Sunday was a lazy day around the house which fit the weather to a "T" because the clouds and moisture rolled in. We did go over to Alki Beach in West Seattle for a bit before heading to The Culinary Master's house for another great meal. We told stories and laughed a lot. I got to see my First Nephew, who is now over 6 foot and 15 years old. Time flies.

I also got some more great pictures of The Nephew and am working diligently on the announcement. I am a perfectionist when it comes to these things and there are a couple of things driving me crazy that I haven't conquered due to the program on the computer that I am using. Ugh! When I master it I will post it so you can see.




The Nephew's hands are much lighter than his little face and from what The Parent's were told his skin will get darker. Some areas of the body, which are darker now, show the color that he will eventually become . But even though his little hands are light and not showing the blend of The Mommy's fair skin and The Daddy's darker skin I couldn't resist getting some fun shots of the beauty of God's diverse creation.

No comments: